Everyone loves burgers, and we all know that home-made taste best. So here's a delicious, easy to make recipe from our super chef Maciej Mierzejewski.
• 454g/1lb minced Manx beef
• 1 small onion (grated)
• 1 small garlic clove (crushed)
• 1 carrot (grated) optional
• 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or mixed herbs optional
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce optional
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 handful breadcrumbs
• A pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method – 5 easy steps
1. Mix all the ingredients and seasoning together with a fork. With clean, wet hands, shape the meat into 4 equally sized round patties for adults – or 8 smaller patties if you’re cooking for kids
2. Make a little dent in the middle of each patty (the burgers will shrink and thicken in the middle when they cook)
3. Chill in the fridge for 30-45 minutes before cooking
4. Preheat a grill, barbecue or frying pan – a medium setting is fine, but use high if you like your burgers crispy. Only turn the burgers once during cooking. Grill or barbecue: 2 to 3 mins each side for rare, or 4 to 5 mins each side for well done. Frying: 3 mins each side for rare, 5 mins each side for well done. Make sure the burgers are thoroughly cooked through – if in doubt, use a meat thermometer to check and follow the manufacturers’ instructions.
5. Serve between warm soft buns sliced in half, or with sliced gherkins and rocket leaves with one half spread with mayo and another with French mustard