• 500g Manx minced lamb
• 150g dried apricots, finely chopped
• 5g fennel seeds, dry toasted in a pan and finely ground
• 2 large Manx free range eggs
• 1 medium onion, minced or very finely chopped
• 3 teaspoons turmeric
• Handful of fresh dill, chopped – or 2 tablespoons dried dill
• 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
• Vegetable oil for frying
1. In a large bowl, mix the lamb, apricots, fennel, eggs, onion, turmeric, dill, salt and ground pepper together with your hands, pummeling the meat mixture, making sure the ingredients are evenly combined.
2. Divide the mixture into 10 patties.
3. Heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 4. Heat some vegetable oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the burgers in batches for 5 to 6 minutes on each side until dark golden and cooked through. Transfer to the oven to keep warm while you cook the remaining burgers.
4. Serve in your favourite Manx bun with your choice of garnish.
Recipes kindly supplied by Georgie at the Cook Shack, Bride, Isle of Man. www.vivaldi-catering.co.uk